Dressings and Dips
Creamy Tofu Dressing
This creamy, silky dressing is delightfully flavoursome and a perfect match over salads, or as a dip with crackers, cheese and crudites.
- 450g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp each of salt & pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp TK Original Flax Seed Oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Place tofu in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until completely mixed
Red Pepper Chilli Pesto
This sharp-tasting chilli pesto has a real kick in every mouthful! Deliciously roasted red pepper, combined with nuts, garlic and our TK Chilli & Lime oil, it promises to add a little fiery excitement to a whole variety of recipes!
- 2 red capsicum
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup TK Chilli & Lime Flax Seed Oil
- 1 ½ cups cashew nuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- up to ¼ cup water
- Cut the capsicum into quarters and remove seeds
- Place on an oven tray with the nuts and drizzle with a little olive oil
- Bake for 20 minutes on medium heat
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a food processor
- Add a little water if necessary - blend well until mixed, with a few nut pieces still showing
- This will store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week
Beautifully soft and creamy, this hummus is a perfect match with crackers, cucumber, carrot sticks or as a spread over pita breads. experiment with this recipe and try one of our infused oils to add a different flavour to your hummus!
- 400g can of Chickpeas
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic - peeled and finely chopped, or crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp TK Flax Seed Oil - try with Citrus, Chilli & Lime or Garlic!
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, cumin, garlic and tahini until smooth
- Add salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice to taste
- Serve as a dip or spread
Fantastic on Chicken, Fish or Vegetables, or just as a delicious spread on hot, toasted Bruschetta!
- ½ cup TK Citrus flax seed oil
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- ½ cup pine nuts or cashew nuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Pop all ingredients into a food processor, liquid first, and blend to desired consistency...enjoy!
This dressing offers all the benefit of Flax Seed Oil with a flavour that compliments winter greens. Try it drizzled over salad greens or steamed vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons TK Flax Seed Oil Mixed Herbs
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- pinch of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Makes ½ cup.
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing with Cumin
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons TK Roasted Cumin Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth. Taste and season as desired.
- If you want the dressing to be thinner add more water
- Use immediately or store in fridge in airtight container
Cumin - Lime Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup TK Roasted Cumin Oil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cumin oil and salt
- Adjust the salt to taste
Carrot & Cumin Dip
- 1kg carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup TK Roasted Cumin Oil
- 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Flatbread to serve
- Cook carrot in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain
- Place the carrot, oil, garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth, taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with flatbread.
- 3 peeled sliced carrots
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small chopped garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons TK Roasted Cumin Oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Toss carrots with ginger, honey and TK Roasted Cumin Flax Seed Oil in prepared oven tray and season well with salt. Roast for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft and caramelised.
- Transfer roasted carrots and any juices to a food processor. Add lemon juice and garlic and blitz a few times until well combined - you can leave the texture slightly chunky if you like, or keep blending until its smoother. Add 1-2 teaspoons or more of water to achieve your desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley or a drizzle of TK Roasted Cumin Flax Seed Oil over top. Serve with pita bread.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 285ml olive oil
- 285ml TK Flax Seed Oil Garlic
- Lemon juice to taste
- Place egg yolk and mustard in a bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add the oils bit by bit.
- Add salt and pepper, and lemon juice to taste.