Roasted Vegetable Frittata
Use up any leftover vegetables in this delicious family-sized frittata - easy to whip-up for a quick brunch or lunch option!
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 60g Kumara, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tsp Garam Masala (spice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 free range eggs
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 600g Button mushrooms (quartered)
- ½ cup Caramelised onion
- 250g sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 15g Feta (crumbled)
- TK Herb Flax Seed Oil
- Heat oven to 180°c
- Place pumpkin and kumara in a roasting dish and season with garam masala and salt and pepper, to taste. Add a good dash of olive oil and gently mix with your hands to make sure everything is well coated.
- Roast for 10–15 minutes or until the veges are golden and caramelised. Remove from oven and set aside. Keep oven on to finish off the frittata.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing jug or bowl, pour in cream and beat until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large ovenproof frying pan on high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes before adding roasted vegetables and then egg and cream mixture. Turn the heat down to medium so as not to burn the bottom of the frittata.
- Place dabs of onion jam, sundried tomatoes, parsley and feta evenly around the pan on top of the egg mixture.
- When the edges are looking set, transfer the frying pan to the hot oven and cook for 15–20 minutes until golden brown, blistered and set.
- Drizzle TK Mixed Herb oil over before eating